New to Pilates?
What is Reformer Pilates?
Pilates has changed significantly since the early creations of Joseph Pilates at the turn of the 20th century.
Reformer Pilates entered the mainstream during the past few decades due to the promotion by celebrities and elite sports professionals.
Now the once exclusive workout is offered at many studios and gyms worldwide.
A Reformer is an apparatus designed with a system of springs and pulleys that allows exercise to be controlled and supportive.
The workout is low impact and targets the entire body.
Here are some of the benefits of Reformer Pilates:
- Improves muscular strength and enhances muscle tone
- Helps manage lower back pain by building core strength and stabilising the spinal muscles
- Improves flexibility
- Longer, leaner muscles and more aligned posture
- Improves balance
- Helps manage high blood pressure and decreases stress levels
- Improves coordination
- Helps to maintain a healthy weight, when teamed with balanced nutrition
We offer Free 30 minute Reformer Orientations so you can try out the machines in preparation to start Beginner Reformer classes. You can book in for a free session online via the timetable page.
A video introduction to Reformer Pilates